Dear Mr Tan,
I am a novice to investment. I have spare cash lying in the bank for years. Should I be investing now? I sense quite a bit of pessimism, talk of global crisis. Even Dr Tony Tan was talking a great recession. So should I be holding to wait for the great crash so that cash is king and I would be able to buy at a discount?
If you are saying it makes no sense to hold, could you please advice on some products I can look at? Short and long term. I would really appreciate some very practical advice here.
It is difficult to make this type of timing decision.
In my case, I decided to stay invested in shares, REITs and foreign currency deposits. You can read about my asset allocation in my blog, www.tankinlian.com.
Some people do not agree with my strategy. Each person has to make his own decision and judgement.
- ► 2013 (345)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
06/01 - 06/08
- Financial Planning and Inflation
- Save for your child's education
- Participating Life Insurance Policies
- Sudden Shift left me high and dry
- What a wasteful world!
- AUD Fixed Deposits
- Get a better yield on your savings
- FAQ: Traded Endowment Policies
- Investing in foreign currency deposits
- Adequate Wage in Singapore
- Call hotline for the best quote
- Restore the Annual Bonus
- Extract from speech by Income's chairman
- Avoid switching to another high cost policy
- Online Trading Platforms
- Give a better currency rate
- Renewal of Motor Insurance
- Foreign currency conversion rate
- Debt Trap
- Investing a Lump Sum
- Call a few companies for a competitive quote
- Bonuses will be fair and consistent with experienc...
- OCBC Preference Shares
- Dr. Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Near term investment strategy
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- Inflation adjusted Income Benefit
- Higher interest rate?
- Reply to New Comment in Today
- Poll on the Collective Protest
- Calculate your Life Expectancy
- Insurance for parents
- Wise words from the late Dr. Lee Kum Tatt
- Farewell to Dr. Lee Kum Tatt
- Bonus based on long term yield
- Higher interest rate for Government bonds
- Drop in maturity benefit
- Reason for Restructuring of Bonus
- Restructuring of EV series
- Gold Link Capital Protected Fund
- Convert Life Annuity to Cash
- Capital adequacy ratio of 170%
- ▼ 06/01 - 06/08 (42)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)