Dear Mr. Tan,
Could you advise me on the two Ideal ILPs I have taken up for my children? I have lost trust in my agent after he started to criticize you and sing praises about the new management.
The primary objective of the two plans is savings for their education. Both are invested in equal proportions of Growth and Singapore Equity funds.
Should I continue with them, terminate them and take up ID7, or terminate them and invest in STI ETF?
Ideal (ID2) taken in 2002
Ideal (ID2) taken in 2007
Thank you sincerely for your advice, Mr Tan.
You should continue with these two policies. You have already incurred the front end charge, so there is no need to switch now. Anyway, the charge under the ID2 is much lower than similar policies offered by other insurers.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
07/06 - 07/13
- Regulation of financial products
- Blog on public transport in Singaore
- Low yield for policies with restructured bonuses
- False advertising
- Human Organs for Sale
- Regulation of insurance
- Reduction of 4% in yield
- Avoid being cheated
- Win $3 million on the Big Sweep
- How to drive to your destination
- Additional charges under the fund
- Ideal plan (ID2)
- Low Wage in Singapore
- Education Loan
- Buy term and invest in a low cost fund
- Improve the public transport in Singapore
- Minimum wage in other countries
- People will buy insurance
- Asset Share Methodology
- FAQ: Traded Endowment Policies
- Universal Life
- How to reduce petrol and gas price..Egg logic
- Avoid high charges of investment-linked plans
- Avoid policies with high terminal bonus
- Avoid private Shield plan
- Negligence and insurance
- Who's really looking after your money?
- Logic Quiz
- Politician and accountant
- A Gracious Society and Dr. Chee Soon Juan
- ▼ 07/06 - 07/13 (31)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)