Dear Mr Tan,
I refer to your emails dated 7 November and 10 November to MAS, and your email to the Prime Minister dated 10 November.
MAS understands the anxiety that investors in structured notes are feeling. We have devoted substantial resources to looking into the issues, with teams of officers working on formal inquiries as well as on ensuring that there is a fair, serious and impartial resolution process for affected investors. Independent persons have also been appointed.
MAS takes feedback seriously, and reviews all feedback received. In deciding on the courses of action, we are guided by our regulatory approach and assessment of the situation. As MAS has to be fair and transparent to everyone, MAS has to communicate to all investors at the same time through public press statements. You would appreciate that MAS therefore cannot reply to particular groups of individuals or individuals writing to MAS on our intended course of action.
Our approach and our advice to investors are set out clearly in the various public comments and press statements. You may wish to refer to our earlier press statements dated 22 September, 10 October, 17 October and 20 October. We will continue to communicate with investors through public press statements when appropriate.
Dr. Andrew Khoo
Dear Dr. Andrew Khoo
Can you indicate where your press statements can be located, and if they have addressed the points contained in the three petitions that were signed by a total of more than 2,300 people. If there are outstanding points that have not been addressed, can you reply if they will be specifically covered in future press releases?
The mode of communication adopted by MAS has added to the concern and anxiety of several thousand people. I suggest that MAS review its approach and be ready to engage in a dialogue with representative groups of the investors.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
11/09 - 11/16
- New swap counter party to replace Lehman Brothers
- God help the righteous
- High risk is not disclosed in Prospectus
- High risk of credit linked notes, inadequate retur...
- Retrenchment Loan
- Complexity of Credit Linked Notes
- Be careful if you wish to redeem your credit linke...
- Banker fill up complaint form, but did not disclos...
- Structured products linked to Lehman Brothers
- Why You Need to be at Hong Lim Park Tomorrow (15 N...
- Retrenchment and its impact on Singaporeans
- SCMP:Divine intervention in Legco debate
- Adequate saving for retirement
- Financial Advice for Young People
- Reuters: Financial crisis politically awakens Sing...
- Hear the voices of High Note 2 investors
- Open letter to chairman of DBS Bank
- Unexpected surge - 700,000 visitors to my blog
- Trustees act to terminate the swaps
- SCMP:Approval ratings of finance chiefs drop
- Rebuttal to "invest with your eyes open"
- SCMP:Legco probe best hope for minibond mess
- Morgan Stanley hotline for Pinnacle notes
- Accountabiliy, transparency and social justice
- Reply from MAS on the 3 petitions
- Letter to Prime Minister on Credit Linked Notes
- Speaker's Corner - 15 November 2008
- Sunday Times article on Petitions
- Call to the Government to be fair to the affected ...
- Business Times: Look at pricing structure, risk di...
- SCMP:Time to reconsider class action lawsuits
- SCMP:Two investors reach settlement with bank befo...
- SCMP:Legco likely to pass bill on minibond investi...
- New Paper: Structured Products: "What banks don't ...
- CBS Videos on derivatives, etc
- Obama's Speech at Election Night
- Did the RM explain "first to default" ?
- Sued for misleading investors
- Joseph Stiglitz
- Quality of financial advice and fact find
- Leadership styles
- Investigate the creators of the structured product...
- Decisions of FiDREC
- Investors should be aware about the risk: MM
- HK: Probe into minibonds bankers wins support
- Credit default of Pinnacle Notes Series 9
- Loss in the Singapore reserves
- Obama's Day
- Is this fair?
- SCMP:Bank admits substandard tactics
- SCMP:Minibonds meeting ends in recriminations
- Exchange currency in a bank - an analogy
- Rejection letter by DBS
- ▼ 11/09 - 11/16 (53)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)