Two investors met me at Speaker's Corner yesterday. They received offer from their distributor (stockbroker) of 30% compensation and are given a deadline to accept it. They asked for my advice.
My view is that a fair compensation is 50%. If the distributor offers 50%, you should accept it.
For the 30% offer, I suggest that you let it lapse and wait for a better offer. If you wait until February, the prospect of the class action may be clearer. At that time, your option will be clearer.
However, if you are willing to take 30% and call it quits, you should decide on your own. It is better than nothing.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
12/07 - 12/14
- Public transport in Singapore
- Guide - how to lodge a complaint on credit linked ...
- Speaker Corner, 13 Dec 2008 Speech by TKL
- Rejection of travel insurance claim
- Petition Form for Elected Presidency
- HK: Minibond losers back on the street
- HK investors protest over mis-selling of Lehman-li...
- Speaker's Corner, 13 Dec 08, 5-7 pm
- SCMP:Troubled minibond investor attempts suicide
- Financial Talk and Counselling - Sat 13 Dec 2-5 p....
- Citigroup and UBS Agree to Buy Back Risky Securiti...
- Who should be retrenched first?
- A broad based approach towards re-training
- Hong Kong banks repay 30 million HK dollars in min...
- Why we need a minimum wage policy in Singapore
- Cheating - as defined in Penal Code of Singapore
- HK: Lehman losers eye US class action move - press...
- HK: DBS sued over investment losses
- SCMP:60 investors get HK$30m from banks on minibon...
- Mistrust of financial products
- Petition to Town Council - arranged by Gilbert Goh...
- Election into public office
- Survey results - consumer association for financia...
- Financial Services Consumer Association - Survey
- Giving a fair deal to policyholders
- Salaries of CEOs of Motor Companies
- Association to educate consumers on financial serv...
- SCMP:Gripes about banks double, but over what?
- Dealing with an adviser - what to look out for
- The Online Citizen celebrates its second anniversa...
- Adviser is required to disclose and explain the ch...
- Offer of 30% compensation
- The CDO time-bomb
- Spare a though for the foreign workers in Singapor...
- Two sources of loss on your investment
- ▼ 12/07 - 12/14 (35)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)