An island is inhabited by two tribes. Members of one tribe always tell the truth, members of the other tribes always lie.
A missionary met two of the natives, one tall and the other short. "Are you a truth teller?" he asked the taller one.
"Ba" the tall native answered. The missionary recognised this as a native word meaning either yes or no, but he could not recall which. The short native spoke English, so the missionary asked him what his companion had said.
"He say 'yes' " replied the short native, "but him big liar!". Which tribe did each native belong to?
Give your answer here.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
06/21 - 06/28
- Only 20% received offer
- ST: Lehman saga: Two thirds get payment offer
- GST records adds to cost of doing business
- Health care reform in the USA
- Quality of life in Ipoh
- Shape Quiz (T Puzzle)
- Financial reforms in America
- Unable to take up rights issue
- Learn about medication
- Shopping through the internet
- Paying in foreign currency
- China Daily:Banks may face action from SFC
- SCMP:At least 11 banks mis-sold minibonds, SFC chi...
- Will Hong Kong investors get a higher compensation...
- Full refund of premium under ILP
- The Standard:BOCHK, regulator reach minibond impas...
- Employment is the key to economic recovery
- Brain Workout (aka Intelligence Quiz)
- Correct approach to select an insurance policy
- Politics of Fear - Reader's Views
- How to construct a diversified portfolio
- Incomplete information on shares
- Puzzle: The Two Tribes
- ▼ 06/21 - 06/28 (23)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)