Hi Mr Tan,
I am a FISCA member. I have some Income policies that have matured or will be maturing soon, as follows:
a) Growth (SP endowment) taken for 15 years, invested $25,000, maturity sum $53,591
b) Growth (SP endowemnt) taken for 15 years, invested $14,430, maturity sum $21,435
c) Growth (SP endowemnt) taken for 15 years, invested $21,645, maturity sum $32,151
d) EIS Endownment taken for 16 years, annual premium $6,213, maturity sum $158,052
Am I getting a good and fair return?
The return is as follows:
15 year Growth (case a,b, c): 5.2% p.a.
16 year EIS endowment (case d) 5.3% p.a.
The return is good. You've got a good deal. The return is better than similar policies taken with other insurance companies (based on other examples that I have seen).
However, this attractive return is for policies taken with NTUC Income in the past. I understand that the return for policies taken now are much lower.
Please ask many people to join FISCA
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
09/06 - 09/13
- View from a prudent home buyer
- Town hall meeting with Geithner
- Sale of UOB Life
- CPF Retirement account or CPF Life
- Seven new rules for first time home buyers
- Big food vs Big Insurance
- Make websites easy to use
- Forbers: World turns disapproving eyes on Singapor...
- Financial Planning - Practical Steps
- Fair and balanced
- Financial planning at a late age
- Website for budget airline
- Media interview on Lehman collapse
- Dubai Metro opens
- Legal action by Minibond investors
- Good return from policies taken in the past
- Student volunteers of FISCA
- FISCA's views on MAS new regulations on investment...
- Financial Advisers can volunteer for FISCA
- 8th anniversary of terrorist attack on World Trade...
- Obama's speech to Congress about health care
- Kennedy's letter to Obama
- Future of FISCA
- Lehman Collapse - one year later
- Payout on life insurance policy
- Common sense approach towards investment products
- Interview by Foreign TV
- Lack of standard to compare the payout
- Sudoku pocket book (Logic9)
- Health care practices in USA
- A new society (7) - a fair price
- MAS respond to feedback on sale of investment prod...
- Gambling on foreign currency
- SCMP:Peace of mind at last for the minibond invest...
- Life settlement
- Higher productivity - reduce commitng cost
- Six principles of life
- A new society (6) - sources of occupation
- Life Settlement
- Singapore now stands alone
- Independent, impartial medical advice
- Alchemy and financial innovation
- Lehman Brothers set for landmark appeal
- Preparing for the Worst
- BBC: Capitalism, A Love Story
- Staged Accidents
- Shape Quiz
- MAS and PM decline request for a meeting
- A new society (5) - Enjoyment of work
- A good compensation for Minibond
- Do you like the concepts?
- A considerate driver
- Survey: Land Banking
- "Capitalism is evil," says new Michael Moore film
- A new society (4) - time to rejuvenate
- Product issuers were probably cheating
- Distributors were negligent
- Reduced air fare
- New Exotic Investments Emerging on Wall Street
- The future will be different
- Cheated by a lawyer
- ▼ 09/06 - 09/13 (61)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)