There are three important sources of occupation:
b) Contract work
An employee is required to work for a specified number of hours each day, perform specific duties and is paid an agreed remuneration/
A person who performs contract work is paid for the work done at the agreed fee. This usually depends on the time taken and the skill required. The contract work can be for professional services, such as medical and legal work, or involving skilled or manual labour. The contractor is not certain of the number of paid work, but can usually plan based on the average quantum of work for that trade.
A retailer runs a business and earn a profit margin on the goods sold. The retailer has to pay for the fixed cost, such as rental of the retail space. The trades include the sale of goods or cooked food.
Under the exploitative capitalist system, the cost of the rental or other fixed cost can be a burden to the contractor (e.g. hire of a taxi) or the retailer (e.g. rental of the shop). Another burden is the interest cost of capital or credit to set up a business.
Life would have been better, if the tradesmen and retailers do not have to carry a heavy fixed burden (in terms of rental or interest cost). They should earn an income based on their efforts. Perhaps that income can be shared with the providers of the capital or the retail space.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
09/06 - 09/13
- View from a prudent home buyer
- Town hall meeting with Geithner
- Sale of UOB Life
- CPF Retirement account or CPF Life
- Seven new rules for first time home buyers
- Big food vs Big Insurance
- Make websites easy to use
- Forbers: World turns disapproving eyes on Singapor...
- Financial Planning - Practical Steps
- Fair and balanced
- Financial planning at a late age
- Website for budget airline
- Media interview on Lehman collapse
- Dubai Metro opens
- Legal action by Minibond investors
- Good return from policies taken in the past
- Student volunteers of FISCA
- FISCA's views on MAS new regulations on investment...
- Financial Advisers can volunteer for FISCA
- 8th anniversary of terrorist attack on World Trade...
- Obama's speech to Congress about health care
- Kennedy's letter to Obama
- Future of FISCA
- Lehman Collapse - one year later
- Payout on life insurance policy
- Common sense approach towards investment products
- Interview by Foreign TV
- Lack of standard to compare the payout
- Sudoku pocket book (Logic9)
- Health care practices in USA
- A new society (7) - a fair price
- MAS respond to feedback on sale of investment prod...
- Gambling on foreign currency
- SCMP:Peace of mind at last for the minibond invest...
- Life settlement
- Higher productivity - reduce commitng cost
- Six principles of life
- A new society (6) - sources of occupation
- Life Settlement
- Singapore now stands alone
- Independent, impartial medical advice
- Alchemy and financial innovation
- Lehman Brothers set for landmark appeal
- Preparing for the Worst
- BBC: Capitalism, A Love Story
- Staged Accidents
- Shape Quiz
- MAS and PM decline request for a meeting
- A new society (5) - Enjoyment of work
- A good compensation for Minibond
- Do you like the concepts?
- A considerate driver
- Survey: Land Banking
- "Capitalism is evil," says new Michael Moore film
- A new society (4) - time to rejuvenate
- Product issuers were probably cheating
- Distributors were negligent
- Reduced air fare
- New Exotic Investments Emerging on Wall Street
- The future will be different
- Cheated by a lawyer
- ▼ 09/06 - 09/13 (61)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)