Dear Mr. Tan,
An investor who is now unemployed and in her late 50s has put a large amount of her life savings on an investment which "pays on yearly basis" with a land banking company X. On maturity, she wanted to cash out part of her investment but was told by X that she must renew all into the 6 months investment. When she insisted that she want to take out some, she was scolded by X's director, that she was a fool.
Upon hearing this from her, I am very angry about this company. I could not understand why they treat their customers like that. If we put our money in banks fixed deposits or any regulated investment products, nobody can stop us from renewing or surrendering our investment upon maturity because it's our money.
Please ask the investor to lodge a complaint with the Commercial Affairs Department. I believe that there is a law to prevent companies from taking deposits on interest, unless it is licensed as a financial institution.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
10/25 - 11/01
- Benefit illustration - samples
- Investing in a Life Annuity
- Lawmakers attack bank overdraft fees
- Rechargeable torchlight as gift
- Underlying problems of capitalism
- Big investors grow wary of hedge funds
- A great statesman
- Market Economy with Church
- Reserved parking in HDB estates
- Dependent grown children
- Obamu - to persevere with optimism
- Not allowed to withdraw the investment
- The global recovery is unsustainable
- Purchase from my office
- Fair value for investors
- Quiz Books
- Hub and spoke system for public transport
- Unreliable display of bus arrival times
- Do parents have to finance their children?
- Benefit illustration for a Cash Back Policy
- Cash back insurance policy
- Insurance for poly and university students
- Guess the owner of this resume
- When cancer disappears
- Break-even point for old NTUC policies
- Advice on stock selection and timing
- Breakeven point
- Why do bankers make so much money?
- Bend reality and become dishonest
- Inadequate parking spaces for visitors in HDB esta...
- Enjoy $1 discount on my books
- Amazing Numbers
- Financial reform - what needs to be done
- Make our roads smart?
- Build up 6 to 12 months of savings
- The 10 paradox of Warren Buffett
- A heavy burden to pay insurance premiums
- Belgian prosecutor wants Citibank to repay 'duped'...
- Effect of Deduction
- Personal attack
- Electronic display on MRT trains
- Ask the insurer to provide an explanation
- ▼ 10/25 - 11/01 (42)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)