Someone asked me for help. She bought a private Shield plan a few years ago. She was recently hospitalised and spent more than $10,000 for an operation. The claim was rejected due to some "exclusion" which was not clear to her or to a lay person.
This is the danger of private Shield. The consumer thought that she would be covered for A class ward. She spent a lot more in premium to get the peace of mind, and ended up in a nightmare!
A few consumers had asked for my help in similar situations. This is why I advised consumers to avoid private Shield. Read this FAQ. Even if the insurance company rejects the claim under private Shield, they have the duty to make a claim under the Medishield portion, which should be covered.
Read the FAQ on "rejected" in www.tankinlian.com/ask.aspx. You will find other people suffering from the same distress.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2019 (1310)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
12/19 - 12/26
- Understand your biggest risk
- Personal Financial Plan 
- Singapore is the happiest place on Earth
- Art of being minimalist
- Term insurance to age 99
- An unusual cautious view for 2011
- WikiLeaks and Damage Control
- Project work for Family Life game
- High income and integrity
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- Video clips and animated graphics
- Sometimes, all that glitters ...
- Offering packages at Temple
- Mobile App - Family Life
- Property agent for Rajah Tower
- Prepare Your Financial Plan 
- Prepare Your Financial Plan
- Pro-Enterprise Panel
- One-sided stories and half truths
- Test your skill as an Entrepeneur
- Cost of medical report - who pays?
- Avoid exclusions on your private Shield
- Learning Tips - Nightlife in Singapore
- Financial Planning - do your plan
- Fight against True Spa, True Yoga...all True Group...
- World Tour
- Easy to make a death claim under Term Insurance
- An underground city
- Images of the past
- Rejected claim under private Shield
- SP Services - Open an utilities account
- Eldershield - good or bad?
- Learning Tips
- Life insurance - its useful role
- Life insurance after retirement
- Singaporeans travel in December
- Buoyant property prices
- Flouting of traffic rules
- Read my book on financial planning
- Data roaming charges
- Insurance of co-payments
- UK to ban commission on investment products (i.e. ...
- Risk of becoming an insurance agent 
- Low cost term insurance
- Considering cost and coverage
- Bumped into TKL website
- FISCA Talk on Insurance - follow up questions
- Selection of International Songs
- FISCA Talk - Consumer Guide to Insurance
- ▼ 12/19 - 12/26 (51)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)