Hi Mr Tan,
I have just started investing in stocks. I read that our shares and other form of securities are held under the custody of CDP. I am curious about how safe are our shares in the custody of CDP. I read from the CDP website that they are not liable for any loss, destruction or mis-delivery of any Securities, any fraud or forgery in connection with the Depositor’s signature, instructions or requests etc.
Does this means that they are not responsible should any fraud, forgery or other forms of damages that happened? If that's the case how do retail investor prevent this from happening and does it help to have a securities account operated with a thumb print? I feel that other investors would be interested to have some knowledge on this issue as well. I sincerely hope that Mr tan you can shed some lights on this issue.
I have kept all my shares in CDp for 20 years and have no worry about this matter. I have also not heard of any problem with the security of the shares of other investors. Most transfers are now done electronically and are backed by an actual sale made through a broker.
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (1270)
03/06 - 03/13
- Excellent customer service
- Easy Ads - design a good ad
- Finding a lawyer
- Top salaries to be paid back
- Lending the poor a helping hand
- TODAYonline: 70 customers demanding S$249,000 from...
- Wealth Warfare: US grabs Gaddafi assets, Libya to ...
- Oil refinery ablaze after devastating Japan earthq...
- Japan earthquake: CCTV video of tsunami wave hitti...
- Heartlands Book Club to discuss “Wisdom on How to ...
- Easy for agents to cheat
- Are we on the same planet?
- Booking of cinema tickets
- Movie club
- Review of your life insurance policy
- Tips on buying insurance
- Easy Ads
- Investigation into Profitable Plots
- Rent a room?
- Cartoons by Wing Lee Cheong
- Selecting the right insurance
- Top 10 jobs in the US
- High price of property
- Elderly person - not insured
- SGEP editorial - digital warfare
- New books at the book stores
- Low cost investment funds
- Spams and fraud in e-mail
- SAF insurance pays out the full sum insured on dea...
- Profile of a Ponzi or MLM scheme?
- Scams are getting more personal
- Is MM Lee facing pressure within the PAP?
- Give firm enlistment date
- No claim discount for motor insurance
- Remove uncertain component of means testing in Med...
- TKL Blog posting to Facebook
- Letters to SGEP
- Letter to SGEP - vote against the PAP
- Low payout on Medishield plan
- Fixed enlistment date
- Shares in CDP
- Intelligence Quiz
- Greed and dishonesty
- Opera Mini Browser
- ▼ 03/06 - 03/13 (45)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)