Sent by a citizen to the government's Cut Waste Panel
While it is silly to bring a chain saw into a forest and keep cutting down trees without knowing exactly which trees to cut; it is also to me an overkill when you have so many Ministers in the PMO doing coordinating work but not having enough officers at the lower levels to execute policies and understand the needs of the people. Example one --- you have coordination minister in the PMO on security but not enough police officers around to deter crimes. Case in point, slashing at downtown east leading to one death. Example two -- you have education coordinating minister but not enough teachers to reduce class size. Example three -- you have the brains setting traffic rules (like zig zags, double zig zags) but not enough traffic police and wardens catching the offenders.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
03/13 - 03/20
- A clear and sensible speech
- Hard truths about ministerial wages
- The Online Citizen GE2011
- Dilemma of the Poor
- Ad-hoc payment through the Internet
- A journey of frustration - DBS Internet Payment
- Donate to the Japan Disaster Fund
- A mature person
- Buying motor insurance directly
- Think of the poorest person
- Talk at Tampines Regional Library
- SM Goh to S'poreans: Learn from Japan disaster
- General election poem
- Book: Get value for your life insurance
- Taking care of the low income families
- Complaining Singaporeans and leaders
- Pointing fingers
- Robert Kuok's personal thoughts on wealth and capi...
- Radiation up 400 times in Miyagi, new blast feared...
- Tsunami and Japan
- Odd to Nature
- Japanese tsunami and Singapore floods
- Cartoons by Wing Lee Cheong
- How to invest $100,000?
- Greed and Singapore
- CNA and Al Jazeera
- Happiness index - from the UK
- The purpose of college education
- Too much thinking, too little execution?
- ▼ 03/13 - 03/20 (29)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)