A reader of my blog sent this question to me. His spouse passed away and he submitted proof of death the CPF Board. The Board said that the CPF money would be paid to the nominees named by the deceased spouse, but refused to tell who were the nominees. The husband did not receive the money. He checked with his mother-in-law, i.e. the mother of the deceased spouse, and she said that she did not receive the money. The husband asked me - how can he check on whether the money was paid to anybody at all? Could it be possible for the money to be taken away by someone else?
I advised him to write to the Minister for Manpower (who is in charge of CPF matters) and also to see his Member of Parliament. The Government should be aware about this type of problem which arises from the way that matters are being done in Singapore. Why has this type of matter be handled in secrecy? What about transparency and accountability?
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
05/15 - 05/22
- Why housing prices will fall
- Survey - PM Lee has to share the blame
- No more blank cheques for the PAP
- President Harry Truman
- Car Pool website
- Two camps in PAP?
- Mio TV by SingTel
- Housing price conundrum
- Khanacademy - learn for free
- Rent or buy a home?
- Buying a HDB flat (part 2)
- Wine at inflated prices
- PM Lee has to share the blame
- My views on the new cabinet lineup
- CPF Money
- New cabinet lineup in Singapore
- George Yeo's legacy
- FISCA membership fees
- FISCA - buying insurance prudently
- Silver - safe haven asset
- GE2011 - reflection by Wong Wee Nam
- The general election 2011 - views of Catherine Lim...
- Survey - LKY and GCT leaves cabinets
- Singapore General Election - view from Australia
- Public transport - that sinking feeling
- A bad investment linked policy (Vista)
- Survey - Open letter to the Prime Minister
- Personal rapid transport (PRT)
- Survey: LKY and GCT to leave cabinet
- Transparency of Government
- Do you hear the people sing?
- A local song for our dear leaders
- ▼ 05/15 - 05/22 (32)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)