Some life insurance companies have introduced new policies with skewed maturity benefit projections. They seem to give an attractive yield on maturity but the yield during most of the terms are poor. I find this type of projection to be unacceptable, as the life insurance company is not distributing the bonus in a fair manner. The bonus distribution is quite arbitrary. The danger of this type of projection is that the insurance company may reject the projected maturity payout on the grounds that they are only projections and the investment climate is bad. I advice consumers to avoid all types of life insurance policies with skewed maturity payout - i.e. if the bonus is quite low for most of the years but is bumped up towards maturity. See an example here:
- ► 2013 (348)
09/23 - 09/30
- Divisive politics
- Did CPIB used its powers properly?
- S'pore GP: Full disclosure, please
- Don't let insurers leave car owners in renewal fix...
- Concern over marketing tactics at property preview...
- Give pay revision to non-graduate teachers
- Questionable sales techniques
- Modify PSLE
- MyRetirement Plan
- Opinion of the people
- Taking Twinkle for a walk
- Help seniors avoid huge housing loans
- CPF interest rate remain at 4%
- Why is lawyer needed?
- Cash and voucher incentives
- Telling lies through a proxy
- Student debts
- Improve the public transport information
- Link between Raffles Place MRT to Marina Bay Finan...
- Sad stories of people who lost money on fraudulent...
- Distorted views about taxes
- A loyal new citizen of Australia
- Germany is able to create jobs
- Gold trading firm taken to court by customer
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry has released th...
- 12 people became 13 people
- Misleading yield on life insurance policy
- Top blue chips and REITS - August 2012
- Punishing the very poor
- Skewed maturity benefit projections
- Bank fees
- Layoffs in banks
- Raise taxes on the rich everywhere
- SAF Portal
- The power of statistics and the National Conversat...
- The Police does not know the law!
- Corruption in Singapore
- Mobile apps and contests
- Affordable housing prices
- Insurance claim on Ferrari accident
- Display sequential stop number in the bus
- Interest rate on installment plan
- Innovation in the Financial Industry
- Danger of low interest rates
- ▼ 09/23 - 09/30 (45)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)