Friday, September 28, 2012

Taking Twinkle for a walk

Twinkle, my pet Schnauzer, waits for me to talk her for a walk every morning. I try to find the time at least twice a week.

 I now use a lease and bring along a plastic bag to pick up her droppings. By flipping the plastic bag over, the dropping is contained inside the bag. I learned this method from another dog owner who took his dog for a walk.

I see many maids taking their dogs for a walk, as the owners are too busy to do this activity. It is a pity to have a pet dog and rely on the maids to carry out the bonding.

As Twinkle is 12 years old, she is in the twilight of her dog's life. But she still looks quite healthy and young.




2 comments:

yujuan said...

Out of curiosity, wonder why TKL keeps posting articles on walking Twinkle.
Dogs are very faithful animals, and need a lot of companionship up to the minute before death.
My brother had such a faithful but old toy dog too, one day he crept up to my sister in law's bed, whining to be hugged, and clung to her chest with eyes that were wet, breathing heavily. The owner knew her time was up, as she was lethargic a few weeks, and 15 mins later, the animal breathed out her last long breathe, and died in her arms.
Earlier in the day, she was sitting at the door, waiting for my brother to return, she was closest to him, but alas she could wait no longer, and went to find the mistress for comfort and companion instead. The animal seemed to sense she's leaving this world, and wanted to die in the arms of her human loved ones.
No one was around, except her mistress.
When everyone returned and found the beloved dog's cold body, everybody was crying like babies.
This shows how a dog could have such influence on us humans.
My brother was hit the hardest, and swore never to have another dog.
Mr. Tan, if Twinkle wan to be picked up, prepare for the worst.

Tan Kin Lian said...

Yujuan
Sometimes, I need a photo and somelight light to post. Also, Twinkle is at the twilight of her dog years.

Blog Archive