Mr. Tan I have a good friend who works for a life insurance company. He has been trying to get me to save in a life insurance policy. I like to avoid it, as I read that it gives a poor return. He has been very persistent. How do I tell him politely? I do not wish to spoil our friendship. REPLY You can ask him to give you a benefit illustration of the policy that he is recommending to you. Ask him the following question: 1) Can you show me the "distribution cost"? 2) Please explain what this figure mean? 3) Is the distribution cost taken from the premium that I will have to pay? 4) Why is the amount so large? 5) Can you show me the "effect of deduction" 6) Please explain what this figure mean? 7) Is the distribution cost taken from the premium that I will have to pay? 8) Why is the amount so large? 9) How is this figure different from the "distribution cost"? He will probably say that he does not know what the figure mean. He will try to find out. Most likely, he will not come back to you. So, you can forget about this matter.
- ► 2017 (495)
- ► 2016 (828)
10/18 - 10/25
- Commercial challenges facing the Singapore-KL HIgh...
- Weekend Votes
- Summary of voting
- Is it a bad decision to locate the HSR station in ...
- Use your initiative
- High speed rail
- How to get a persistent insurance agent off your b...
- Review your existing insurance policy
- Rejected insurance claim - getting help
- Rejected insurance claim - insurer finally pay
- High Speed Rail
- Australia revised regulations on sale of life insu...
- Take a loan from a policy
- Pay Jet Star tickets through SAM Web and save $18
- Review your insurance policy
- Australians can avoid paying service charge on Jet...
- How to decide on whether to continue your existing...
- Restructuring of Deutsche Bank
- Health Hub
- Repaying a mortgage loan of $750,000
- The true cost of ownership
- Government agencies do not reply by email
- No need to be paranoid about security or privacy
- Difference between whole life and term insurance f...
- Unconditionally helpful
- Upgrade to Windows 10
- All taxis should adopt the same fare structure
- Singapore Parliament should meet at least once a w...
- Singapore Parliament does not have fixed sitting d...
- A narrow minded person
- ▼ 10/18 - 10/25 (30)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)