Friday, October 27, 2017

Poor display at bus

I took bus 67 from Little India station to Park Royal Hotel in Kitchener Road.

The app told me that I should get down at Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple, 3 stops later.

As this bus was operated by SBS, it did not have a display of the bus stop.

I stood near the exit to watch the bus stop display on the fare meter.

As it approached my stop, it still showed Broadway Hotel. I decided to get down at the stop after Kitchener Road, even though it did not display the name of the temple. Apparently, the GPS was not working well.

I am reminded again about the poor display and the lack of attention by the Land Transport Authority on this issue, even though I raised it with them many times. I suggested that the bus should show the sequential stop number. I would have taken note of the SSN of the temple and got down at the correct stop.

I also raised it with the transport minister, but it was useless. He did not care.




No comments:

Blog Archive