Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Getting SingPass Mobile to work

A helpful staff from the CorpPass help desk called me. He helped me to set up my mobile phone to receive the CorpPass notification.

It was very difficult. He had to guide me for more than ten minutes. It seemed that different phone had different configurations, so it was difficult to get the right setting for the notification to pop up.

We managed to get the setting to work.

Still the popup does not appear. I have to log into the app to see the notification.

I imagine they will have to guide many users on this complicated setting.

I told the staff that there is a simpler way. They can get the app to generate a OTP (which replaces the need to send a SMS). The user will be happy to get the OTP and enter it into the CorpPass website.

My solution would have probably cost less than 10% of the cost that they had incurred to set up the complicated notification system.

And they will have to incur horrendous cost in providing the support to guide several hundred thousand users.

Tan Kin Lian






No comments:

Blog Archive