Monday, November 12, 2018

Corp Pass has become a nightmare

Corp Pass is now a nightmare for me.

In the past, I could log in to the Registrar of Society website to submit the annual return for a society that I am responsible for.

Last year, they asked me to register a Corp Pass for this society. As several office bears are involved, each person has to register a separate Corp Pass just for this purpose.

I went through the difficult process of registering my Corp Pass identity. I had to copy down the UEN, user ID and password, as it was difficult for me to remember it.

Yesterday, I logged into the ROS website to approve the annual return. I used my Corp Pass identity. I had to refer to my record to get the UEN, user ID and password.

It failed. I tried many more times. It failed. I do not know what went wrong. But I did waste quite a few minutes of my time.

I tried SingPass. It went through.

However, there was a message that it would not be allowed after 1 September 2018. So, it seemed that the change was not implemented.

Clearly, Corp Pass is a mess. It is not necessary. Govt Tech should recognize that this is a failure and revert back to Sing Pass.

Tan Kin Lian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A hawker centre stall owner was shouting at an old man for shortchange of 30 cents. He mistook the 20 and 50 cents. Not the same 1 dollar coin can be used for supermarket trollies. We have to attempt different times to specify which coin fit a trolley at different supermarkets. All their inventions are just too tricky for ordinary folks. Even coins cannot be kept simple. Too many seow people .

Blog Archive