VIEW FROM CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, NTUC INCOME
Global stock markets corrected over the past two months due to concern for inflation and uncertainty in interest rates in the USA. The correction was more severe among the Asian markets than the USA and European markets.
Economic growth and corporate earnings are expected to slow in 2006 and 2007. There are concerns that higher interest rates could result in further deterioration in growth over the next two years.
We think the markets are fairly valued now after the correction. Expected growth of the global economies and company earnings is generally reasonable, and markets are more attractive now. It is premature to conclude that growth will slow significantly.
Investors have over-reacted to the concerns for inflation. The correction was exaggerated by selling and unwinding of leverage positions by hedge funds.
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
06/25 - 07/02
- Flexi Cash have very low risk
- Learn about Structured Products
- Customer looks for tutor in economics
- Do I get a discount from the Business Center?
- Nice words from a customer
- Customer invest $130,000 in Flexi-Cash
- Correction in global stockmarkets
- Customer buys 5 policies after attending education...
- We provide warranty on replacement of windscreen
- FAQ: Flexi-Link
- FAQ: Ideal Plan
- Ang Mo Kio Auto-Point
- You can take a loan on our investment-linked plan
- Practice to be a Logic9 champion
- Stolen Car was recovered through tracking device
- Align interest of fund manager and investors
- Send an e-mail to me
- Letter to annuitants
- ▼ 06/25 - 07/02 (18)
- ► 2005 (159)