Thursday, June 29, 2006

Do I get a discount from the Business Center?

QUESTION:

I would like to buy an endowment policy (maybe single premium type) and heard that there will be a discount if I were to buy direct? I wonder how attractive is it? What is the price if they went through an advisor instead. If there is not much difference, then maybe it's better to have the convenience of an advisor to monitor my policy?

REPLY:

For most products that are under promotion, you pay the same premium in the business center and to the insurance adviser.

For non-promotion products, if you come to the business center, you may get a very modest incentive to cover your travelling expenses and time. It depends on the product that you buy. The consultant will tell you about it.

Most people come to the business center for other reason - i.e. they like to get frank advice and not feel the pressure of having to buy a product due to the time spent by the adviser.

No comments:

Blog Archive