Dear Mr Tan,
The platforms on the buses for boarding and alighting are too high for senior citizens. I have seen senior citizens struggled to alight from our public buses. This makes me worries that they may fall from the steps of the buses.
From my observation,other than having a lower platform for buses, the government can also educate the boarding commuters do not stand too near to the bus stop curb. This will allow buses to stop closer to the bus stop which will alleviate the height of boarding for the communters.
I hope very near future buses will be more elderly friendly. I wonder if the authority has any plan for this. What is your view and experiences that you have on our public transport with regards to the buses platform?
Thank you for your observation. I have not paid attention to this matter before. I shall now do so.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
03/18 - 03/25
- Stay - when you are needed
- Engage in a debate
- USA Treasury Secretary
- Ministers' Salaries
- Return over past 20 years
- A different way to determine the market salary
- Encourage car pooling
- Planning for Retirement
- A suitable plan for a new born child?
- Should I continue my current ILP plan?
- Analysis of a "currency linked" investment
- Activities of Center For Seniors
- Too many groups catering to the elderly?
- Make it easy for elderly to board the bus
- Suitable product for 59 year old
- Sevem wonders of the world
- A blog for corporate branding
- What programming was like 40 years ago
- Wireless@SG hotspots
- High performance organisation
- Recruit Talent
- Magazines for people above 45: Prime, Gao Feng
- Bid for your own COE
- Part time employment for seniors
- Hospital bill for $20,000
- 3G Mobile Data
- Simplify our public transport system
- Super-risky home loans
- Preparing for a Talk on Financial Planning
- How to handle a technical call center
- Tips on Financial Planning
- Logic9 (Sudoku) teaches 3 important skills
- Older people are "not wanted"
- Being old
- Allow more people to attend the university courses...
- ▼ 03/18 - 03/25 (36)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)