It seems from your postings, that you are against insurance agents. If there are no insurance agents, how will the insurance company get its sales?
I am in favour of insurance agents who play a useful role by offering good value products to customers for a fair rate of commission.
I am against insurance agents who explot consumers by offering poor value products, so that they can earn a high rate of commission. They are trained to find ways of pushing these products to a unsuspecting consumer.
I hope that the selling of insurance can achieve the same level of productivity as the selling of shares. The commission rate earned by stockbrokers has reduced by 70% in recent years. The stockbrokers are able to make an adequate income on a reduced rate of commission by working more efficiently and by handling a larger volume of sales. They are able to bring down the transaction cost for consumers.
It is possible for insurance agents to find a more efficient way of marketing and similar value to consumers.
If insurance companies offer good value products, consumers will buy the insurance products willingly. There is no need for insurance agents to spend a lot of time to push these products to them.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
02/03 - 02/10
- Managing risks
- Managing your personal risk
- Critical illness
- Dance: Giselle in the Park
- ICE - In case of emergency
- Is it necessary to have an adviser?
- A good time to invest in REITs?
- Investing in REITS
- Shopping Mall or MRT station
- Choose a good adviser
- Dividend paid from a Fund
- First Anniversary of this Blog
- Motor insurance claim
- Joke - Make a Will
- Keep invested in STI ETF
- Higher cost of Vivolife
- Future for Financial Advisers
- Medishield: Cheap and Good
- Actuary Joke: Walk half the distance
- Boosting the US economy
- Changes to CPF Investment Scheme
- Agent plays an important role
- Government bonds and endowment
- High cost Endowment Policy - Views
- CDOs being rated downwards
- Bangkok Skywalk
- Target of 1,000 visitors a day
- Invest CPF ordinary account in STI ETF
- Travel by BMW
- Useful information
- High cost Endowment Policy
- Dual currency investment (or deposit)
- Another perspective
- Lower upfront cost
- Minibond Series 35
- REITS with good yield and low price
- Buying a Shield plan
- Higher productivity in insurance sales
- Selecting Blue Chips
- Divident yield on STI Exchange Traded Fund
- Redeem whole life policy?
- Call and Put Options
- Single Premium Endowment
- Questionable sales practices
- Save in a period of inflation
- Use Medisave sparingly
- Medishield and Eldershield
- Savings for the short term and long term
- Impressions of Kuala Lumpur
- ▼ 02/03 - 02/10 (51)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)