Posted in my blog (and edited by me):
Your adviser plays a VERY IMPORTANT part in the advisory process. It is make or break for your financial future.
A poor and wobbly start and you never achieve your goals.That is the reason why many CPF members still licking their wounds from losses because they never got a qualified and competent adviser in the first place. What they got was a salesman who sold them funds but didn't guide and advise on the investment.
Similarly why many people are still under insured is because they got salesmen and women to advise on their insurance. You be surprised that insurance planning is not about selling you a policy and your concerns and fears will go away and you will get peace of mind. It is about getting all your needs addressed.
This is also the conscience of the advisers plays a key role. Check your insurance. I bet you have a load of whole life, limited premium and endowment. Tally them up to see if you have enough despite paying so much premium. What is the point of paying so much premium and yet you have so big a gap.
Do you know why this blog promotes 'buy Term and invest the rest'? It is because there is great concern for you; to educate you so that you will not be bluffed by insurance salesmen; also to let you know this is the best approach to take care of your protection and wealth accumulation efficiently and effectively.
Straight forward and simple, plain vanilla products. If you have a good qualified adviser he or she can help you to achieve your goals because they guide you all the way and not abandon you after a sale is made like the insurance salesmen.
Remember to choose a good adviser. If you do not have one you can go to www.fpas.org.sg to get help to get an adviser who is attached to the company of your choice. Eg. you want one who is representing NTUC.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
02/03 - 02/10
- Managing risks
- Managing your personal risk
- Critical illness
- Dance: Giselle in the Park
- ICE - In case of emergency
- Is it necessary to have an adviser?
- A good time to invest in REITs?
- Investing in REITS
- Shopping Mall or MRT station
- Choose a good adviser
- Dividend paid from a Fund
- First Anniversary of this Blog
- Motor insurance claim
- Joke - Make a Will
- Keep invested in STI ETF
- Higher cost of Vivolife
- Future for Financial Advisers
- Medishield: Cheap and Good
- Actuary Joke: Walk half the distance
- Boosting the US economy
- Changes to CPF Investment Scheme
- Agent plays an important role
- Government bonds and endowment
- High cost Endowment Policy - Views
- CDOs being rated downwards
- Bangkok Skywalk
- Target of 1,000 visitors a day
- Invest CPF ordinary account in STI ETF
- Travel by BMW
- Useful information
- High cost Endowment Policy
- Dual currency investment (or deposit)
- Another perspective
- Lower upfront cost
- Minibond Series 35
- REITS with good yield and low price
- Buying a Shield plan
- Higher productivity in insurance sales
- Selecting Blue Chips
- Divident yield on STI Exchange Traded Fund
- Redeem whole life policy?
- Call and Put Options
- Single Premium Endowment
- Questionable sales practices
- Save in a period of inflation
- Use Medisave sparingly
- Medishield and Eldershield
- Savings for the short term and long term
- Impressions of Kuala Lumpur
- ▼ 02/03 - 02/10 (51)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)