Sunday, February 03, 2008

Impressions of Kuala Lumpur

I visited Kuala Lumpur on 1 February on the inaugural flight of Jetstar Asia. I was surprised that there is no need to complete any immigration and customs form. The authorities have recently dispensed with this requirement. It was quite easy to clear through the formalities. Wow!

I hope that more countries will make life more enjoyable and simpler for the traveller.

I stayed one night at Genting Highlands and another night in Kuala Lumpur (at Bukit Bintang). This area is like Orchard Road in Singapore. It is busy and exciting. Several of the five star hotels in the area belong to the Starhill Group. (I wonder if Starhill is the translation of Bukit Bintang?)

Traffic is bad in Bukit Bintang, but I was told that this was due to the festive season. Otherwise, my stay in Kuala Lumpur is enjoyable.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

sophie hopes that travel between kl and singapore will be more seamless one day.

http://sophiesworld-sophiesworld.blogspot.com/2008/02/spore-kl-budget-flights-take-off-but.html
http://sophiesworld-sophiesworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/one-less-piece-of-red-tape.html

cheers

Blog Archive