If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending on us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored; but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.
The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under thename "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).
The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person bysimply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE."
For more than one contact name, simply enter ICE 1, ICE 2 and ICE 3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!
TIP BY TAN KIN LIAN: I used the "duplicate" function in my mobilephone to copy the name of my family members into a new contact, and add ICE in front of their name.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
02/03 - 02/10
- Managing risks
- Managing your personal risk
- Critical illness
- Dance: Giselle in the Park
- ICE - In case of emergency
- Is it necessary to have an adviser?
- A good time to invest in REITs?
- Investing in REITS
- Shopping Mall or MRT station
- Choose a good adviser
- Dividend paid from a Fund
- First Anniversary of this Blog
- Motor insurance claim
- Joke - Make a Will
- Keep invested in STI ETF
- Higher cost of Vivolife
- Future for Financial Advisers
- Medishield: Cheap and Good
- Actuary Joke: Walk half the distance
- Boosting the US economy
- Changes to CPF Investment Scheme
- Agent plays an important role
- Government bonds and endowment
- High cost Endowment Policy - Views
- CDOs being rated downwards
- Bangkok Skywalk
- Target of 1,000 visitors a day
- Invest CPF ordinary account in STI ETF
- Travel by BMW
- Useful information
- High cost Endowment Policy
- Dual currency investment (or deposit)
- Another perspective
- Lower upfront cost
- Minibond Series 35
- REITS with good yield and low price
- Buying a Shield plan
- Higher productivity in insurance sales
- Selecting Blue Chips
- Divident yield on STI Exchange Traded Fund
- Redeem whole life policy?
- Call and Put Options
- Single Premium Endowment
- Questionable sales practices
- Save in a period of inflation
- Use Medisave sparingly
- Medishield and Eldershield
- Savings for the short term and long term
- Impressions of Kuala Lumpur
- ▼ 02/03 - 02/10 (51)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)