Dear Mr Tan
Even though you have retired, you still make yourself available for help for those who need you.
For my family year end vacation, I usually purchase travel insurance from either AIA or NTUC. Can I buy both? Is it an offence to do so?
When someone buy life or term insurance for many years, will the insurance firm pay when he is sentenced to death for capital offences?
Many American insurance websites offer cheap term life from reliable insurance firms. Can Singaporeans purchase these insurance? Is there any laws prohibiting us to buy from them?
There is no point to buy travel insurance from two insurance companies. You can only claim for the actual amount of the loss. You cannot claim two times, even though you pay two premiums for travel insurance.
A term or life insurance policy pays for death from any reason, except for suicide in the first year. The family can claim for the death benefit on a term or life insurance policy for a person who is sentenced to death for capital punishment.
You can buy term insurance from the American website. Be sure that you have checked the reliability of the insurance firm. However, you may find some difficulty in making a claim due to difference in law. It is better to buy term insurance from a Singapore insurance company, even if the premium is slightly higher.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
05/11 - 05/18
- Due diligence on Credit Cards
- More trains for commuters
- Return on Vivolife policies
- Give good value products to the people who trust u...
- Get a quote on your motor insurance
- Nominating a beneficiary
- Collective Protest - Update 16 May
- Reduce commuting
- ERP Charges
- I cancelled my credit card
- Read my FAQs
- Uneasy about two insurance products
- Living Endowment
- Policies with high terminal bonuses
- Investing in Foreign Currency Deposits
- Managed Care
- International Health Plan
- Cover for Natural Disasters
- Reduce commuting - view from NZ
- Collective Protest - Update 15 May
- Inconsiderate Practices
- Low cost Investment Linked Policy
- Term Insurance
- Buy a life annuity later
- Travel and term insurance
- Blog: Suggestions for improvements
- Suggestions for Central Depository (CDP)
- Different access numbers for hotlines
- Collective Protest - update at 11 May
- Earn a good yield on Medisave
- Term and critical illness
- ▼ 05/11 - 05/18 (33)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)