I try to avoid driving to work. I prefer to take the MRT. Sometimes I have to drive, due to the need to visit a few places.
There are some many gantries on many roads. Each time, I pass a gantry, there is a sum deducted from my cash card. I do not know what is the ERP charge. I only need how much cash remains on my cash card.
I suggest that the Land Transport Authority should display the charges on the gantry, next to the sign "ERP in Operation". At least the motorist will know what is the fee.
I understand that separate charges apply to different types of vehicles. Perhaps LTA only needs to display the charges for motor cars and motor cycles, as they are the most frequent road users. The charges for other types of vehicles can be set at a certain ratio to the charge for motor cars.
As the charges vary by time of day, it is only fair that the actual charges should be displayed. I hope that officials of the LTA are reading this blog.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
05/11 - 05/18
- Due diligence on Credit Cards
- More trains for commuters
- Return on Vivolife policies
- Give good value products to the people who trust u...
- Get a quote on your motor insurance
- Nominating a beneficiary
- Collective Protest - Update 16 May
- Reduce commuting
- ERP Charges
- I cancelled my credit card
- Read my FAQs
- Uneasy about two insurance products
- Living Endowment
- Policies with high terminal bonuses
- Investing in Foreign Currency Deposits
- Managed Care
- International Health Plan
- Cover for Natural Disasters
- Reduce commuting - view from NZ
- Collective Protest - Update 15 May
- Inconsiderate Practices
- Low cost Investment Linked Policy
- Term Insurance
- Buy a life annuity later
- Travel and term insurance
- Blog: Suggestions for improvements
- Suggestions for Central Depository (CDP)
- Different access numbers for hotlines
- Collective Protest - update at 11 May
- Earn a good yield on Medisave
- Term and critical illness
- ▼ 05/11 - 05/18 (33)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)