Many people have asked how they can buy Government Securities. I asked Adrian Tan to do some research. Here are his findings.
Go to “PURCHASING AND SELLING SGS” section.
To summarise, you have to open an account with a primary dealer (these include ABN AMBRO, DBS, OCBC and UOB) or a secondary dealer. “Banks, merchant banks and stockbroking firms are among the approved Secondary Dealers”.
“With this account, you can purchase SGS over the counter with these banks.”
If you follow this route, make sure you ask about the commissions and other charges that are applicable.
If you face difficulties, say finding the right people in the bank to talk to, I suggest you tell MAS about your experiences.
If you have have an investment account with fundsupermart, you may invest in SGS bonds using this existing account. If you have never opened an investment account, you will be required to open one before you can invest in SGS bonds https://secure.fundsupermart.com/main/acl/registerAccount1.tpl
You are only allowed to purchase SGS Bonds via this platform using cash
'For SGS Bond, the charges that you will incur is 0.1% processing fee and 0.1% annual custody fee. The 0.1% processing fee will be deducted from your nominal value upon purchasing and the remaining 0.1% annual custody fee will be deducted yearly from your coupon payment i.e. 0.05% semi annually as the coupon payment will be paid out every 6 months. Please be noted that no charges will be incurred when you sell the SGS Bonds.
Please refer to FAQ over the website:
Author's note -- You have to be personally satisfied that you are comfortable dealing with fundsupermarket.com or its related entities. Mr Tan Kin Lian or Adrian Tan are not making any representations about fundsupermarket.com or its related entities.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
10/26 - 11/02
- Compare toxic financial product with melamine
- Why are banks allowed to sell structured products ...
- Trace the IP address of SiewKhim
- Scuffle in HK Protest Over Lehman-Linked Products
- Speaker's Corner - 1 Nov 2008 5 to 7 pm
- Speaker’s Corner 1 November 2008 - Speech
- Use your real name
- Educate the public about the structured products
- Invest in transparent and fair products
- Petition #4 - Review Complaint Handling Process
- High Notes Investor Group - Press release 30 Oct 0...
- Buy Government Bonds through ATM
- Undergraduate reply to Prof Lan
- News about Jubilee Notes arranger
- Conflict of interest between bank and customer
- Old news that may be useful
- NTUC Bonus Cut was a bad idea
- Financial Services Authority fines Lloyds Bank in ...
- Reply to Today Paper - "Structured Products ....."...
- Be empathic to investors who lost their savings
- LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY'
- Misleading Prospectus
- Thomas Jefferson's views on the banking system
- Talking point - minibonds and structured products
- Videos about speeches in Speaker's Corner
- US Attorney General recovers for investors in auct...
- High risk from inception
- Do you hear the people sing - version #4
- Mini-bond investor gives his view
- Savings of retired workers
- Collective legal action (1)
- Buying Government Securities
- Regulator should disallow the sale of bad products...
- Singapore Kopitiam Forum
- Nature and risk of the structured product
- Make Government Bonds easily available
- Not a happy time for me
- Misleading advertisements
- Why does the stock market fall?
- Unconditional help from volunteers
- NUS dean also exposed to loss
- Enforce the law
- Well regarded persons oversee the financial instit...
- Town Council invest in Minibond
- Jump on bandwagon
- Malaysia act against land banking
- Can investors understand CDO?
- Biggest loss in the the structured products
- CLSA Asks 500 Staff to Take Pay Cuts of Up to 25%
- Collapse of the global financial system
- Lehman Brother bond
- A fair compensation
- Prospectus needed
- A fair rate of return
- Electricity prices: 82% higher her than in Hong Ko...
- Profit margin in creating the structured product
- BBC radio documentary on structured products
- Call to MAS - pass general guideline for compensti...
- Husband's objection
- Blog for High Note investors
- Complaint Form
- It will be handled 'fairly'
- Interviews with Financial Institutions
- Unhappy with the interview
- Deposit Guarantee scheme in New Zealand
- Singapore Government guarantees bank deposits
- Leveraged Dual Currency Investments
- Pinnacle Notes - lodge a complaint now
- ▼ 10/26 - 11/02 (68)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)