Here is a tip.
Write to the financial institution to ask for a copy of the risk analysis form that you signed at the time that you bought the credit linked notes.
Check if the answers in the form are based on what you told the sales representative. If the answers are not taken from you, you can write a letter immediately to point out any wrong facts.
A few investors have asked for and received the signed form. They found statements written by the sales representative (of the distributor) without their permission. If the wrong facts are entered with fraudalent intent, you can lodge a police report.
You can consult a knowledgeable fellow investor about the implications of the facts contained in the risk analysis form.
Views posted by an investor
To: All Investors,
Please ask your FI for a copy of ALL documents that you signed, preferabky BEFORE going for the interview. There have been some cases where the FI's copy of the risk profile form contain additions and/or modifications that were not reflected in the investor's copy. This is highly irregular.
During application time, the RM typically asked some random questions which were ticked on the form. The investor then signed the form, and the RM gave investor his copy on the spot. Later on, the RM filled up the balance of the form with info in his favour. This additional info was not made known to investor upon signup.The investor has unknowingly signed a "blank check".
The RM should get the agreement of the investor for any additional notes he plans to add, but he did not.From a legal standpoint, can one argue that the risk analysis form is invalid, and hence the entire purchase agreement in null and void?
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
11/16 - 11/23
- Assessment of liability
- Risk analysis form
- Misrepresentation about the risk of CDOs
- Complaints in Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Damage to integrity and character
- Writing to a Government official
- Writing to your Member of Parliament
- Your experience with credit linked notes
- Selling toxic CDO products
- How RMs are taught to sell financial products
- Social grace in commenting in other people's blog
- Mental health concerns during difficult times
- Much to learn from American politics
- Top up on margin calls
- Relief loans to repay credit card debts
- Poor return from Living policy
- Lodge your complaint now, before the fund collapse...
- Straits Times deleted these sentences
- Sieze the opportunity
- Explanation on CDS - Vanguard's Bogle
- Personal values and characters
- Our Continued Fascination with wall street bankers...
- A tsunami of hope or terror
- How I was misled (3)
- Investing in ETF
- NTUC Income shares
- Bank Negara Zeti appointed to financial reform tas...
- Town councils should take legal action for mis-sel...
- CPF Medishield
- Ask MAS to provide guidelines on mis-selling
- A doctor's definition of caveat emptor
- Reply to Chua Sheng Yang
- Comment on statement by Minister of Finance
- George Washington and the cherry tree
- Revosave and Vivolife
- Pinnacle Notes 9 and 10
- Asians fail to join class action claims
- Local Banks still focused on garnering new sales a...
- High risk of credit linked notes
- None Are So Blind As Those Who Will Not See The Tr...
- My blog and its target audience
- Match investors' needs
- Islamic investment products
- Remembering Mohideen Gany
- Interview of investors on Blogs
- Publish a book on Credit Linked Notes
- Lawyers able to act on credit linked notes
- How I was misled (2)
- Speech at Speaker's Corner - 15 Nov 2008
- Pinnacle Notes value as at 14 Nov 2008
- Check the weekly prices of your credit linked note...
- Ask for your risk analysis form
- Barclays AREIT
- Invitation to investors who bought from UOB Kay Hi...
- How I was misled (1)
- Mibibond has return of 3 (on scale) and risk of 9
- Wayang Party
- Lesson from China: Hu Jintao
- Lesson from President-elect Obama
- Write directly to MAS and your MP
- G20 and G8
- There are still regulations in Singapore
- ▼ 11/16 - 11/23 (62)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)