Comments posted by ming in CNA Forum:
On a case-by-case basis, with a breezy wave of his hand like some Jedi knight the Minister for Finance wants the crowds at Hong Lim now gathering in strength to disperse. Have faith in the MAS. As the former Managing Director of MAS, Tharman would be in the position to tell us that MAS can be your advocate, prosecutor, judge and juror because they are staffed by so many talented and handpicked scholars. It is superior and efficient because everything is fused into one body just like Singapore.
Let the scales fall from your eyes and you will see that the trust which so many Singaporeans have placed in this system is unjustified. We have been fooled by the decades of prosperity and lulled into believing that obedience is all that is needed to perpetuate the good life. Those who remember their duties as citizens are called mad and suffer the indignity of ostracism. But when the reality hits and you realize that the system is not right, and by virtue of having awakened you become mad, the colossal blunder we have made as a people will chill you to the bone.
Note to the Minister of Finance:
Unless people like Tan Kin Lian are included in an independent investigation to be conducted by a special body that is separate from any governmental group because the investigation must cover how these products were regulated, no one will accept what is concluded. If you want closure Tharman, do the right thing. As the putative Prime Minister, I urge you now to set our country on the course to long term peace and prosperity. As a citizen and a member of the Cabinet, you swore oaths that you would. Now I ask that you make good on it.
- ► 2013 (298)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
11/16 - 11/23
- Assessment of liability
- Risk analysis form
- Misrepresentation about the risk of CDOs
- Complaints in Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Damage to integrity and character
- Writing to a Government official
- Writing to your Member of Parliament
- Your experience with credit linked notes
- Selling toxic CDO products
- How RMs are taught to sell financial products
- Social grace in commenting in other people's blog
- Mental health concerns during difficult times
- Much to learn from American politics
- Top up on margin calls
- Relief loans to repay credit card debts
- Poor return from Living policy
- Lodge your complaint now, before the fund collapse...
- Straits Times deleted these sentences
- Sieze the opportunity
- Explanation on CDS - Vanguard's Bogle
- Personal values and characters
- Our Continued Fascination with wall street bankers...
- A tsunami of hope or terror
- How I was misled (3)
- Investing in ETF
- NTUC Income shares
- Bank Negara Zeti appointed to financial reform tas...
- Town councils should take legal action for mis-sel...
- CPF Medishield
- Ask MAS to provide guidelines on mis-selling
- A doctor's definition of caveat emptor
- Reply to Chua Sheng Yang
- Comment on statement by Minister of Finance
- George Washington and the cherry tree
- Revosave and Vivolife
- Pinnacle Notes 9 and 10
- Asians fail to join class action claims
- Local Banks still focused on garnering new sales a...
- High risk of credit linked notes
- None Are So Blind As Those Who Will Not See The Tr...
- My blog and its target audience
- Match investors' needs
- Islamic investment products
- Remembering Mohideen Gany
- Interview of investors on Blogs
- Publish a book on Credit Linked Notes
- Lawyers able to act on credit linked notes
- How I was misled (2)
- Speech at Speaker's Corner - 15 Nov 2008
- Pinnacle Notes value as at 14 Nov 2008
- Check the weekly prices of your credit linked note...
- Ask for your risk analysis form
- Barclays AREIT
- Invitation to investors who bought from UOB Kay Hi...
- How I was misled (1)
- Mibibond has return of 3 (on scale) and risk of 9
- Wayang Party
- Lesson from China: Hu Jintao
- Lesson from President-elect Obama
- Write directly to MAS and your MP
- G20 and G8
- There are still regulations in Singapore
- ▼ 11/16 - 11/23 (62)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)