The Online Citizen blog went down due to heavy traffic. They are running on a hosted site which sets a limit on the number of traffic. In recent months, the traffic went up five times. Yesterday, on Christmas Eve, the traffic must have been exceptionally heavy.
I spoke to the managing editor of The Online Citizen yesterday, after the site came down. He has contacted his volunteer webmaster, who would try to resolve the problem in the evening, after he had completed his full time work.
Regular visitors to The Online Citizen should know that the work is done by volunteers, who have to spend a lot of their personal time and incur travelling and other out of pocket expenses. The expenses to maintain the website are kept to the minimal, due to lack of funds.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
12/21 - 12/28
- Speaker's Corner, 27 Dec 2008 - Speech
- Survey - based on 25 responses
- Seminar for Minibond Investors
- Thought for the day - the world is a dangerous pla...
- The fallen giants of finance
- Attention: Pinnacle Note Investors
- Meeting at Speaker's Corner, Sat 27 Dec, 5 pm
- Survey - Do we need a new property portal
- Details of 150 CDOs still not available after 3 mo...
- Hong Kong Arbitration Body Mediates First Lehman-L...
- Avoid retrenchment
- Be careful about free service for a trial period
- Online Citizen blog
- SMS booking of taxis
- Strong interest in the Property Indicators (AMP, A...
- Why MAS should handle complaints
- Quote - President Elect Obama
- Survey - choosing a place to live, closeness to fa...
- Survey - complaint to FIDREC
- Survey - Complaint to Financial Institution
- 70% willing to join FISCA
- Thought for the Day - Democracy
- FISCA - the steps ahead
- Join FISCA for $36
- Simulation Game - trading of stocks, etc
- Customer feedback on plan V
- FISCA - the proposed approach
- FISCA Survey Results (2)
- Barclay CEO apologies
- The Disadvantages of an Elite Education
- Survey: DBS Schroder LiveSure 2025 fund
- Survey: Vista Plan from Zurich
- An adviser's view about the V plan
- Unilateral changes to DBS Schroder LiveSure 2025 f...
- Madoff Clients - New York Times
- FISCA Survey Results (1)
- ▼ 12/21 - 12/28 (37)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)