17 people responded to the survey on the new property portal.
100% said that they are interested in the AMP (adjusted market price) which is calculated based on the latest 10 transactions for the project, adjusted to reflect the the current market price (i.e. taking into account the change in market since the date of transaction). 94% said that this is a useful indication of the market price for the property.
81% are interested in the AQI (amenities quality index) that shows the amenities within 0.5 km (i.e. walking distance) of the property.
100% said that a comparision of the AQI and AMP for similar properties in the same location is useful. 81% said that they are willing to pay $20 for a property report that shows, among others, the details of the recent transactions and the nearby amenities.
I wish to explain that the AMP is an average for the property. It needs to be adjusted to reflect the height, facing and size of a particular property. I hope that buyers and sellers will find this indicator to be useful, with the limitations as disclosed. As this is just an indicator, it should not replace the judgement of a professional valuer in deciding on the value of the property.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
12/21 - 12/28
- Speaker's Corner, 27 Dec 2008 - Speech
- Survey - based on 25 responses
- Seminar for Minibond Investors
- Thought for the day - the world is a dangerous pla...
- The fallen giants of finance
- Attention: Pinnacle Note Investors
- Meeting at Speaker's Corner, Sat 27 Dec, 5 pm
- Survey - Do we need a new property portal
- Details of 150 CDOs still not available after 3 mo...
- Hong Kong Arbitration Body Mediates First Lehman-L...
- Avoid retrenchment
- Be careful about free service for a trial period
- Online Citizen blog
- SMS booking of taxis
- Strong interest in the Property Indicators (AMP, A...
- Why MAS should handle complaints
- Quote - President Elect Obama
- Survey - choosing a place to live, closeness to fa...
- Survey - complaint to FIDREC
- Survey - Complaint to Financial Institution
- 70% willing to join FISCA
- Thought for the Day - Democracy
- FISCA - the steps ahead
- Join FISCA for $36
- Simulation Game - trading of stocks, etc
- Customer feedback on plan V
- FISCA - the proposed approach
- FISCA Survey Results (2)
- Barclay CEO apologies
- The Disadvantages of an Elite Education
- Survey: DBS Schroder LiveSure 2025 fund
- Survey: Vista Plan from Zurich
- An adviser's view about the V plan
- Unilateral changes to DBS Schroder LiveSure 2025 f...
- Madoff Clients - New York Times
- FISCA Survey Results (1)
- ▼ 12/21 - 12/28 (37)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)