FISCA will be organising a course, "Investing for the Long Term" from August (tentative). It will cover the following topics:
- Principles of long term investing, compounding and dollar cost averaging
- Earn a better yield by investing in equities
- Reduce risk by investing for the long term in a low cost, diversified fund
- How to access information from the SGX website
- How to get information about ETFs, REITS and blue chip shares (with high dividend yield)
- How to open an account with a stockbroker (using a remisier or an online account)
- Expenses of investing
There will be practical exercises and a question & answer session.
More details will be available soon in the FISCA website. If you are interested, please register your particulars in this survey now.