- Buy 25 year term assurance for 5 to 10 years of your salary.
- Opt for SAF group insurance or other similar group insurance or personal accident insurance
- Buy insurance for your vehicle (compulsory) and for your home (optional for HDB flat).
- Buy MediShield insurance, but it is all right to be self-insured
- Invest your savings (15% to 25% of your earnings) in a low cost investment fund
- Avoid all types of high cost life insurance policies (i.e. no need to spend time to study them)
- Get three quotes for your insurance directly from the website of insurance companies
There is no need to attend a talk to learn about the different types of life insurance polciies, as most of these products are high cost and not suitable for consumers. Apart from term or accident insurance, it is better to have adequate savings in a low cost investment fund that can be withdrawn in an emergency, without any loss.
But I am now planning a FISCA talk on the following types of insurance: motor, fire, personal accident, term insurance, Medishield, private Shield, Eldershield, CPF Life, home protection (for HDB flats), depedent protection (under CPF). I need a knowledgeable person to work with me on these topics by searching the internet. If you are interested, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org