Monday, June 13, 2016

Dishonest business practice

I received an expiration notice from Singtel informing me that my business broadband will expire in 5 days time and the subscription rate will revert to the list price of $496. (My existing contract was for $108.46).

I was given the option to renew/migrate to a fibre broadband plan or to keep my existing broadband plan. There was no mention of what the charges would be.

My staff tried to call SingTel but was not able to get through.

I find this business practice to be dishonest. They did not give sufficient notice to the customer and do not provide clear information of the charges.  They are forcing their customers to sign up the renewal plan under duress and threat of higher fees.

SingTel is a big company. Their practices affect hundreds of thousands of their business customers. I wonder if the Infocomm Development Authority will take complaints over this matter?


No comments:

Blog Archive