Friday, July 06, 2018

Competition Commission

I disagree with the decision of the Competition Commission regarding the Grab Uber merger.

My common sense tells me that the merger does not affect the ordinary commuters.

As a regular user of public transport, including taxis, I have the following choices:

a) Call Grab
b) Hail a taxi on the road or at a taxi stand
c) Call a taxi company to pick me up
d) Take public transport

The merger does not affect me. I have enough choices to avoid any predatory pricing.

I also disagree with several past decision of the Competition Commission, including their hefty fines on bus operators travelling to Malaysia and the removal of the guidelines on medical fees.

I find the Competition Commission to be harmful for consumers, instead of looking after the interest of consumers.

Why do we need this commision anyway? They seem to behave like a headless chicken running amok.

I was once told that this is a requirement under the Free Trade Agreement signed with America. Well, this is just one of the many harmful effects of this FTA. (Of course, there are some benefits as well).

I wish the Competition Commission to be headed by someone who can exercise common sense.

Tan Kin Lian

http://tklcloud.com/Feedback/feedback2.aspx?id=198



No comments:

Blog Archive