Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Toggle and World Cup 2018

My son subscribed to Mediacorp Toggle to watch World Cup 2018. This subscription allows two concurrent users. He passed one privilege to me.

I installed Toggle and can watch the old matches. When I came to a live match, I received a message that there was a connection error that needed to be fixed.

I followed the detailed instruction to make the setting but it failed. I had to change the time on my desktop to synchronize with FIFA. But the operation failed. I tried many times but it still failed.

I sent a detailed feedback to Mediacorp. They asked for a lot of technical information, such as the version number of the browser, Windows software, etc. It took quite a while to get the information.

After submitting the feedback, I did not get any reply from Mediacorp by email or mobile (both were provided).

i sent a reminder after a few days. I still did not get any reply.

The matches are now more than have over. The semi finals and finals are broadcast free anyway.

I have watched videos on NetFlix and YouTube and also live webinars. I did not get the kind of trouble similar to Toggle.

Why is it that our organizations in Singapore create complicated processes that require a lot of work to set up, and still fail? Why do they create a feedback form that is so troublesome to fill in, and ask for so much technical details? Why do they not respond promptly to feedback, even from paying customers?

Welcome to Singapore.

No comments:

Blog Archive