Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Improve service and operations of KTM

I sent this email to the minister for transport of Malaysia. Do you think I will get a reply?

Mr. Anthony Loke
Minister of Transport
Malaysia

Dear Minister,

I wish to give a few suggestions to improve the service and operations of KTM.

I am a Singaporean and have traveled on KTM a few times.
I prefer to travel by train, rather than bus, from town to town in Malaysia.
I was disappointed to find that the trains are infrequent, have low occupancy and cost more than express bus.
This should not be the case.

I suggest the following:
a) Increase the frequency of the train service, say every hour.
b) Reduce the fare to be comparable to express bus
c) Introduce some express service that skips the small towns.

The aim should be to encourage more people to travel by train, rather than express bus. This is the case in most cities around the world.

I also like to suggest a simple improvement to the KTM website.
It is difficult to pick the origin and destination.
The user has to select the state and then the town.
It is better to allow to user to type, e.g. Penang or Kuala Lumpur and for the town to appear.
Many websites have this kind of search function.

The user also has to pick the time slot, e.g. 6 am to 12 noon.
It is quite frustrating to get the remark "No Service Available"
You should remove this time slot and show all the services available for the day.
There are usually not many entries, maybe 18 at the most.
This will help the user to plan the journey.

I hope that you find these suggestions useful.
I wish you all the best in your challenging work.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive