I refer to the article in "Buyer Beware" (ST, 11 Aug 2006). It featured a story about a customer who was overcharged by an electrician who advertised in the classified advertisements. The customer had to seek the assistance of the Consumer Association.
We advise customers to call our hotline, if the wish to engage a contractor for their home. Our contractors have to observe a code of ethics to provide quality service, fair price and and a 90-day warranty on the work.
More than 100 contractors covering 40 services are listed in our home service webiste. They cover many areas of home repairs and maintenance, including electrical, plumbing, air-conditioning and tuition. We check tht the contractors are licensed and have undergone the required training for their trade.
Our contractors are motivated to maintain a good standard, so that they can continue to be on our panel and enjoy a continuing flow of business from us. We handle an average of 150 customers every day.
After the contrator has completed the task, we call our customers to get their feedback. We received a satisfaction rating of 95%.
This is an example of the application of co-operative principles to benefit all parties, including the contractors and their customers.
Our referral service is available to policyholders and the general public. More information are available from our website: www.income.coop/homeservices. You can call our 24-hour hotline, 6788 8788.
- ► 2013 (300)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
08/13 - 08/20
- Reduced annual charges
- Do all investment funds charge similar annual fee?...
- Big cases closed at Business Center
- How to select the right investment fund?
- Do we employ ex-prisoners?
- Reply to Dr Lim Boon Hee in Today Paper
- Good performance during the past 4 weeks
- Slight fall in interest rate on money market fund
- Call our hotline for home service
- Take Ownership, be Responsible
- My friend's experience with insurance agents
- My personal experience in managing my own money
- Invest now to enjoy a lower charge on Flexi Cash
- Need a loan? Go for Smart Credit!
- Barbeque at Labrador Park
- FAQ: Get a better return for your CPF savings
- Get prior approval first for your loan
- Performance of Equity Funds
- Think of your Future!
- Flexi Cash earned 3.5% after initial charge of 0.1...
- ▼ 08/13 - 08/20 (20)
- ► 2005 (159)