Dear Mr Tan
I refer to your posting on 8 August 2006 where you indicated that the flexi-cash earned a return of 3.5% per annum in the past 1 month, presumably during the month of July 2006.
I have invested $200,000/= on 7 July 2006 and looking at the unit price on 7 August 2006, my return is less than 1.8% p a. I earned interest of only $300 on $200,000 for 1 month).
Please care to enlighten me how the earning of 3.5% per annum came about.
The return for 1 month is about 0.28% (equivalent to 3.5% per year). Less the front end load of 0.1%, you get 0.18% for the past one month.
Next month, if the return in the money market fund is still the same, you will get 0.28%. If the money market fund increases, you will get highier.
The unit price is a way to calculate the average return of all the investments in the money market fund, and especially as investors join and leave on different days.
You will certainly enjoy the higher interest rate after overcoming the initial front end load of 0.1%. It is a good investment. Your money is not locked in to any specific period.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
08/13 - 08/20
- Reduced annual charges
- Do all investment funds charge similar annual fee?...
- Big cases closed at Business Center
- How to select the right investment fund?
- Do we employ ex-prisoners?
- Reply to Dr Lim Boon Hee in Today Paper
- Good performance during the past 4 weeks
- Slight fall in interest rate on money market fund
- Call our hotline for home service
- Take Ownership, be Responsible
- My friend's experience with insurance agents
- My personal experience in managing my own money
- Invest now to enjoy a lower charge on Flexi Cash
- Need a loan? Go for Smart Credit!
- Barbeque at Labrador Park
- FAQ: Get a better return for your CPF savings
- Get prior approval first for your loan
- Performance of Equity Funds
- Think of your Future!
- Flexi Cash earned 3.5% after initial charge of 0.1...
- ▼ 08/13 - 08/20 (20)
- ► 2005 (159)