I read the reply from the Executive Director of the National Dental Center of Singapore. Dr. Kwa said that the fee for the medical report reflect some of their cost. It seemed to imply that the other part of the fee is to make profit for the center.
The situation in Singapore has become very bad in recent years. Many corporations, private and public, find ways (and excuses) to increase their profits, imposing a high cost on consumers. This is made in the interest of increasing productivity, efficiency and service. In reality, it is ripping off the hapless consumers in a deregulated environment. It is also unethical business practice, but has become a habit in Singapore.
When will our government leaders wake up and find out why the citizens are complaining about the high cost of living, and the high cost of operating a business in Singapore?
There was a time, in a more ethical environment, when corporation give incidental services free or at a nominal fee. There were not allowed to make profits from these services. I wish to go back to these good old days.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2017 (1178)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
12/05 - 12/12
- Risk of becoming an insurance agent
- Low cost investment fund
- Not insured under Medishield
- Political event of the year
- CPF Life - making a choice
- High speed trading in the stock exchange
- Property Bubble
- Oil price hit 2 year high
- Red Cross and donations
- 100 mishaps a day on expressways
- Renovation: Market forces decide certification fee...
- Be wary of dishonest agents
- Opposition participation and the coming election
- Suzy Orman
- Public talk by Dr. Jacques Attali
- Practical Guide on Financial Planning - case study...
- Standard of postal service
- Blatant cheating (3)
- Comparing whole life and term insurance
- Courts charged 36% on installment payments
- Computer buyers sent on a wild goose chase
- US to extend tax cuts
- High cost and poor standard of taxi service
- Excessive charges to boost profits
- Enjoy discounts on books
- US needs more quantitative easing!
- Social safety net
- TKL Tips
- Avoid insurance agents
- Blatant cheating (2)
- Indisputability clause in insurance policies
- Blatant cheating
- Pay premium for the whole of life
- Riddle - what is this object?
- Mobile games on Windows Phone 7
- FISCA talk on financial planning
- Medishield and Private Shield
- Unethical methods used to sell life insurance
- Revival of protectionism?
- TKL Tips
- Dividend yield on Singapore Equities
- ▼ 12/05 - 12/12 (42)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)