There are two letters in the Straits Times Forum about the poor standard of taxi service in Singapore. Taxis are not available on rainy days to pick up passengers at taxi stands or on the road, but they become available on taxi calls,where a large surcharge had to be paid. Commuters have been asking the authority to act against errant taxi drivers.
This type of complaints had been aired on countless occasions in past years. Nothing has been done to address this situation. It is not possible to rein in the errant taxi drivers, who have their own side of the story to tell. They have to pay high taxi rental fees and need the surcharge to make a living.
This is Singapore! Everyone is in the business of ripping off the consumers to make the extra buck. This is why citizens are complaining about the high cost of living in Singapore. And this is possible in the pro-business culture that is being encouraged by our government of the day.
What can be done to improve our taxi service? I have written a letter to the Straits Times. I hope that they publish it.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2020 (453)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
12/05 - 12/12
- Risk of becoming an insurance agent
- Low cost investment fund
- Not insured under Medishield
- Political event of the year
- CPF Life - making a choice
- High speed trading in the stock exchange
- Property Bubble
- Oil price hit 2 year high
- Red Cross and donations
- 100 mishaps a day on expressways
- Renovation: Market forces decide certification fee...
- Be wary of dishonest agents
- Opposition participation and the coming election
- Suzy Orman
- Public talk by Dr. Jacques Attali
- Practical Guide on Financial Planning - case study...
- Standard of postal service
- Blatant cheating (3)
- Comparing whole life and term insurance
- Courts charged 36% on installment payments
- Computer buyers sent on a wild goose chase
- US to extend tax cuts
- High cost and poor standard of taxi service
- Excessive charges to boost profits
- Enjoy discounts on books
- US needs more quantitative easing!
- Social safety net
- TKL Tips
- Avoid insurance agents
- Blatant cheating (2)
- Indisputability clause in insurance policies
- Blatant cheating
- Pay premium for the whole of life
- Riddle - what is this object?
- Mobile games on Windows Phone 7
- FISCA talk on financial planning
- Medishield and Private Shield
- Unethical methods used to sell life insurance
- Revival of protectionism?
- TKL Tips
- Dividend yield on Singapore Equities
- ▼ 12/05 - 12/12 (42)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)