Insurance agents scare consumers about the high cost of medical treatment and ask them to buy a private shield. The consumers are not aware that they will have to pay a higher premium, and when they go for treatment, they have to pay a higher co-payment as well. They will be hit twice. Read these articles:
The agent also use a number of myths to get consumers to make the decision that is good for agents, but may be bad for consumers. Read this article:
Apart from paying a higher premium and co-payment, consumers may be hit hard when their claim for reimbursement is rejected due to unintended non-disclosure. Read these articles:
The only reason to go for private shield is the chance that the public hospital do not have the doctor to treat your illness. I think that this risk is low and is exaggerated. There should be more than adequate facility to be treated in our public hospital.
Those who are well off can opt to go for private shield. For the majority, where the savings is not adequate, it is better to stay with Medishield.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
12/05 - 12/12
- Risk of becoming an insurance agent
- Low cost investment fund
- Not insured under Medishield
- Political event of the year
- CPF Life - making a choice
- High speed trading in the stock exchange
- Property Bubble
- Oil price hit 2 year high
- Red Cross and donations
- 100 mishaps a day on expressways
- Renovation: Market forces decide certification fee...
- Be wary of dishonest agents
- Opposition participation and the coming election
- Suzy Orman
- Public talk by Dr. Jacques Attali
- Practical Guide on Financial Planning - case study...
- Standard of postal service
- Blatant cheating (3)
- Comparing whole life and term insurance
- Courts charged 36% on installment payments
- Computer buyers sent on a wild goose chase
- US to extend tax cuts
- High cost and poor standard of taxi service
- Excessive charges to boost profits
- Enjoy discounts on books
- US needs more quantitative easing!
- Social safety net
- TKL Tips
- Avoid insurance agents
- Blatant cheating (2)
- Indisputability clause in insurance policies
- Blatant cheating
- Pay premium for the whole of life
- Riddle - what is this object?
- Mobile games on Windows Phone 7
- FISCA talk on financial planning
- Medishield and Private Shield
- Unethical methods used to sell life insurance
- Revival of protectionism?
- TKL Tips
- Dividend yield on Singapore Equities
- ▼ 12/05 - 12/12 (42)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)