My friend drives a private bus. He makes a living by transporting workers and students.
Life is difficult for him. Due to competition, he is not able to get a rate for the transport service. He has to meet heavy expenses of running the bus, i.e insurance, road tax, petrol, repairs. He has to work 12 hours or more a day, to cover his expenses and earn enough money to feed his family.
If he is sick, he still has to drive the bus. He works alone and will not be able to get another driver to cover him. He finds little time to rest in his hectic schedule.
His son serves national service. Instead of taking the public transport, he asked his father to fetch him to camp once a week. This is quite inconsiderate of the young man. He should have allowed his father to take a rest.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
03/11 - 03/18
- Sub-prime mortgages in America
- Motor Insurance, through an agent
- NUS Lifelong Learning courses
- Visit interesting places in Singapore
- Importance of Great Teachers
- Dance Appreciation Series at the Esplanade
- Watch the ballet, Coppelia
- Return from different types of investments?
- How to deal with volatile stockmarkets
- Ask for a lift
- Ethical issues
- Logic9 - why it is a better version of Sudoku
- Mahjong helps to prevent dementia
- Navigation system for Taxis
- How to take a bus to your home
- A role model for Dr Lee Kum Tatt
- Public Transport Guide
- Book: The Essential Drucker
- Lifelong learning course
- News interview on the bus
- Underground link to Raffles Place
- Buy a term insurance (including critical illness c...
- Concession fares for senior citizens
- How to improve the taxi service
- Take care of your medication
- Difficult to bid for COE (to buy a car)
- Competition and partnership
- Teach the young to be considerate
- The Blue Rose
- Singapore Dance Theatre
- Spirit of Enterprice - how it started
- Responding to a business proposal
- A new way of marketing
- How to promote creativity
- Family with 4 small children
- Similarity between a medical and financial checkup...
- ▼ 03/11 - 03/18 (36)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)