Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How to take a bus to your home

I record, as a note in my PDA, the following:

* bus services passing near my home
* bus services at interchanges near my home (ie accessible directly from my home)

If I am in any part of Singapore and I need to get a bus home, I will check if any of the bus services are recorded in my PDA (ie passing my home or at a nearby interchange).

I will be able to get back home directly or through the interchange.

I want to encourage car owners to learn how to use the bus services. You can leave your car at home and reach most part of Singapore easily by bus.

You can enjoy our excellent public transport system.

1 comment:

Edwin said...

I have done quite a lot of travelling around the region as well as in the US. Having visited these cities, you have to give a A++ for Singapore Public Transport System.

However, I see that the BUS system has to complement with the train system.

The transport authority or BUS companies need to relook into how to best move the masses once the circle line is up.

1st. I think Buses needs to have fewer stops destinations. For short neighbourhood traveling, served by shuttle buses.

It would be like airlines operate, long distance flights, and then shuttle flights to different states or cities.

Look MRTs as hubs, and buses as shuttles. That way, you ensure people are moving en-mass.

Blog Archive