Dear Kin Lian,
I have been looking around for critical illness only policies. Most of these are tied-to whole life/etc..
But I found one underwritten by HSBC through Automobile Association, premium is reasonable (but not low), for a 100K PA, premium is $176 and critical illness rider of a $100K is $680, under the age group of 45 to 54 years.
At my age, I don't need whole life insurance, I would rather use the money saved and invest in mutual funds for my retirement.
I wonder if there are any other deals of this nature. By the way, I always enjoy reading your blogs.
You can buy a similar policy from NTUC Income. I will ask X to contact you and give you a quote, for a similar plan. You can see if it offers a better deal than the Automobile Association.
I agree that it is better to buy a term insurance (covering critical illness) rather than a whole life policy.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
03/11 - 03/18
- Sub-prime mortgages in America
- Motor Insurance, through an agent
- NUS Lifelong Learning courses
- Visit interesting places in Singapore
- Importance of Great Teachers
- Dance Appreciation Series at the Esplanade
- Watch the ballet, Coppelia
- Return from different types of investments?
- How to deal with volatile stockmarkets
- Ask for a lift
- Ethical issues
- Logic9 - why it is a better version of Sudoku
- Mahjong helps to prevent dementia
- Navigation system for Taxis
- How to take a bus to your home
- A role model for Dr Lee Kum Tatt
- Public Transport Guide
- Book: The Essential Drucker
- Lifelong learning course
- News interview on the bus
- Underground link to Raffles Place
- Buy a term insurance (including critical illness c...
- Concession fares for senior citizens
- How to improve the taxi service
- Take care of your medication
- Difficult to bid for COE (to buy a car)
- Competition and partnership
- Teach the young to be considerate
- The Blue Rose
- Singapore Dance Theatre
- Spirit of Enterprice - how it started
- Responding to a business proposal
- A new way of marketing
- How to promote creativity
- Family with 4 small children
- Similarity between a medical and financial checkup...
- ▼ 03/11 - 03/18 (36)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)