I met a school principal. He told me that his school has outsourced the cleaning to contractors.
To win the contract, the contractor had to bid a low price. He engaged cleaners and paid them a low salary. The salary for a cleaner used to be above $700 per month and has since dropped to below $700 on the renewal of the contract. He found out the low salary by talking to the cleaning woman.
The contractor declared the base salary as $300 monthly for contribution to the Central Provident Fund. At this salary, the cleaner will have very little savings for their retirement.
Lesson: The outsourcing of cleaning work to contractors is depressing the wages of the cleaners.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
11/04 - 11/11
- Singapore Banks
- Investing your CPF savings
- Ride out the fall in the stockmarket
- Insurance for a child with Down syndrome
- Insurance agent start a new business
- Loan for HDB Resale Property
- Problem with high profile charities
- Low interest rate in Singapore
- Top up in an Ideal plan
- Payment by Mobile Phone
- Public Transport needs to be improved
- Congested Roads
- Anticipation Policy
- Left or right brain?
- Housing 6.5 million people
- Use knowledge and experience
- Refinancing credit card borrowings
- Encourage tourists to stay a few days longer
- Rush hour on the MRT train
- Business Practice of Insurance Company - Another V...
- Evaluate a study loan
- Investing in foreign currency time deposit
- Diversify your risk globally
- Risky to invest in Gold ETF at current level?
- Low wage for cleaners
- Power of the Internet
- ▼ 11/04 - 11/11 (26)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)