A few people have commented that the public transport in Singapore is not satisfactory and needs to be improved.
I find that driving is not easy either, due to our congested roads and high ERP and parking charges.
Here is my interim solution:
1. I take MRT as far as possible
2. I carry the "Public Transport Guide" which shows the bus stops and services. This helps me to find a bus that takes me to the nearest MRT station or from the station to my destination.
I have suggested to SMRT to display a map showing all the bus stops within 2 km of a station and the bus services at these stops. This will help commuters to find a bus for the last leg of the journey.
I hope that the Land Transport Authority will introduce feeder buses to bring commuters to the nearest MRT station.
Note: I bought the Public Tranport Guide from Popular Bookstore and paid $6.11. It is called Signapore Public Transport Guide 2007/8. It is quite handly and is about 25% of the thickness of a normal street directly.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
11/04 - 11/11
- Singapore Banks
- Investing your CPF savings
- Ride out the fall in the stockmarket
- Insurance for a child with Down syndrome
- Insurance agent start a new business
- Loan for HDB Resale Property
- Problem with high profile charities
- Low interest rate in Singapore
- Top up in an Ideal plan
- Payment by Mobile Phone
- Public Transport needs to be improved
- Congested Roads
- Anticipation Policy
- Left or right brain?
- Housing 6.5 million people
- Use knowledge and experience
- Refinancing credit card borrowings
- Encourage tourists to stay a few days longer
- Rush hour on the MRT train
- Business Practice of Insurance Company - Another V...
- Evaluate a study loan
- Investing in foreign currency time deposit
- Diversify your risk globally
- Risky to invest in Gold ETF at current level?
- Low wage for cleaners
- Power of the Internet
- ▼ 11/04 - 11/11 (26)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)