Dear Mr. Tan,
1. You advised me to have medical insurance for my daughter and to save in an investment linked plan with low charges. Do I need to buy other insurance for her, such as a critical illness policy?
Reply: There is no need to buy the critical illness plan. She can buy it later, when she starts to work.
2. When is the appropriate time to buy living insurance? If I buy living insurance, does it mean that I have to terminate the Medishield?
Reply: If you buy critical illness insurance, you do not need to terminate Medishield. They cover different types of expenses.
3. I only have living insurance coverage of 30K. Is this adequate? Do I need to buy a life insurance so that my family's financial needs are covered if something happens to me?
Reply: You should have adequate insurance on your life. Buy a decreasing Term insurance to cover up to 5 years of your income. Your priority is to have adequate insurance on your life. Do not worry about life insurance for your child at this time.
Read this FAQ: http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/choice.html
- ► 2020 (774)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
01/06 - 01/13
- A Message by George Carlin
- Crisis in health care?
- Time to enter the market?
- Hide! Here Comes the Insurance Guy
- Amazing Numbers - on cards
- Lesson in Money Management
- Term Insurance to age 90
- Private Credit Counselling Service
- Charges under a investment linked policy
- Insure big loss with small chance of occurring
- Medical insurance for Pensioner
- Tips on financial planning
- Get adequate life insurance on your life first
- Late notification of an motor accident
- Whole life policies
- American Humour
- Primary election in the USA
- Mortality charge under a ILP
- Insurance for a child born premature
- Premature birth
- Congenital disorder
- Improve the Singapore MRT system
- Public Transport Guide
- Insuring a risk
- Secret Formula
- High charges on regular premium ILP
- Rejection of medical claim - congenital condition
- Sudoku Challenge - Preliminary Round
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Disability income insurance
- Personal savings for your retirement
- Technique to solve Logic Quiz E-1
- Logic Quiz E-1
- Low cost Term Insurance
- Low cost insurance and funds
- People will buy insurance
- Low cost funds
- Low cost Personal Accident
- Big change in Taiwan over 32 years
- ▼ 01/06 - 01/13 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)