Thursday, January 10, 2008

Medical insurance for Pensioner

Dear Mr. Tan,

I am a pensioner and currently working. I am entitle for class A wards but hve to pay 15% of the total medical bill each time I visit a doctor. Is it necessary for me to take up the Medishield plan?

REPLY:

I assume that you will continue to enjoy the medical benefit provided by the Governmetn after your retire from work and that it will continue to be provided to you for your lifetime.

If this is the case, there is no need for you to buy Medishield. There is no point in paying the premium for a medical cover where you only need to insure for 15% of the total cost. If you are hospitalised, you can pay the 15% from your Medisave account, or even from cash. It is likely to be quite small anyway.

No comments:

Blog Archive